At Abbotsleigh, we recognise the importance of up-to-date and innovative technology, both in terms of its use as a learning tool and as a means of efficient communication with families.
In today’s high-tech world, access to high quality and well managed technological learning tools is an essential component in providing effective and equitable use of technology within the school. As part of this Abbotsleigh provides:
- All students in Years 7-12 are in the BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) program
- Junior School students have access to a school supplied device
- Sets of laptops and iPads for general and project use
- Microsoft Office 365 is available for all Abbotsleigh students
- Anytime access to mail, data and applications using cloud based services
- Dedicated technology for projects
- Specialist tech labs for Art, Music and Design & Technology
- Access to high definition video conference experiences with a wide range of experts
- Access to a range of robotic and coding experiences
- Experiences and learning opportunities with a STEM focus
- Dedicated IT support staff and full time specialist IT Integrators
Our use of current and emerging technology to support business, administration and learning functions is continually assessed. We choose the systems we have judged to be effective and beneficial to our students.