At Abbotsleigh, we recognise the importance of up-to-date and innovative technology, both in terms of its use as a learning tool and as a means of efficient communication with families.
In today’s high-tech world, access to high quality and well managed technological learning tools is an essential component in providing effective and equitable use of technology within the school. As part of this Abbotsleigh provides:
- A fully managed, school supplied take home laptop for all students in Years 7-12
- A fully managed laptop for all students in Years 5 and 6 for in class use
- Sets of laptops and iPads for general and project use
- Specialist labs with desktop computers
- Anytime access to mail, data and applications using cloud based services
- Access to hi definition video conference experiences with a wide range of experts
- Access to a range of robotic and coding experiences
- Experiences and learning opportunities with a STEM focus
- Dedicated IT support staff and full time specialist IT Integrators
Our use of current and emerging technology to support business, administration and learning functions is continually assessed. We choose the systems we have judged to be effective and beneficial to our students.