- Transition, Kindergarten to Year 3 accepted places are offered on a 'first in, first served' basis. Accepted places are offered shortly after application and therefore you need to apply as soon as possible after the birth of your daughter.
- Year 5 entrance is gained by spending a 'try day' at Abbotsleigh any time from the commencement of Year 3. Informal testing will be conducted on this try day.
- Year 7 new students gain entry via an entrance test. These are held regularly from the commencement of Year 3 onwards. Students may sit the entrance test once only.
- Years 9 and 10 – entry to Senior College is on the basis of school records and an interview.
- Boarding is available from Years 7 to 12 with intakes in each year group. Boarders are not required to sit the Year 7 entrance test to gain entry. Accepted boarding places are offered well in advance for Year 7 and for other years when available.
There is automatic progression from Abbotsleigh Junior School to Year 7.