Abbotsleigh at the Easter Show
Abbotsleigh will be represented in several different competitions at the Sydney Royal Easter Show.
• The Junior School Environment Clubs entered a festive Easter basket in the Vertical Garden Competition, which won 2nd prize!
• The Senior School Agriculture Club has entered both the Vertical Garden and normal Garden Competition. You can see the produce baskets in the Flower and Garden Pavilion on Friday 12 and Saturday 13 April.
• The Agriculture Club has three lovely Australorp hens entered in the Purebred Layers competition. Look for exhibit 2310 (three black hens) and say hello to Myrtle, Luna and Liesel.
• Exhibits 1992 and 2076 are the Abbotsleigh meat chickens in the Steggles Meat Pairs Competition. The birds will be on display for the first weekend and then they are entered in the Carcase Competition. Early spying indicates that our birds are some of the biggest!
• Nine students will be demonstrating their poultry handling and knowledge in the Schools Poultry Showmanship Competition on Sunday 14 April from 10 am-12 noon. Drop in to learn all about purebred chickens and watch the students in action.
We hope that you can enjoy the Show and see a bit of Abbotsleigh agriculture during your visit. Results will be posted next term.