GLOW 2017 Abbotsleigh Festival of Light
The idea of light has provided great learning opportunities for girls in both the Senior and Junior School. Leading up to our June 14 evening GLOW, Abbotsleigh Festival of Light event, students have worked in class and Maker clubs to create and prepare extraordinary designs, photographs, videos, performances and activities.
With the colourful lights from Switch it on Lighting, GLOW was an evening of wonderful viewing, listening, participating and eating experience:
• Design and Technology – Light up garden installations and e-textile Alice in Wonderland costume designs
• Information, Software and Technology – projected animations
• IT Tech Spheros - Programmed sphero dance to music, Sphero driving course
• Music performances - String Ensemble, Concert Band, Chamber Ensemble, Vocal Ensemble and Soloists
• Photographic and Digital Media – Year 9 photographs and video from VIVID
• Drama – Street theatre
• PASS – Night games, quoits, table tennis, handball and bowling
• Geography - Model version of the lights of the world at night
• Yr 8 STEAM Day - STEAM Project MyNute Photography projected on gallery wall
• Junior School – Magnet Wall with LED wishing star 'throwie' for the Glow constellation sky board
• Club displays – Stargazing, Make Club, Robotics
• Service Clubs - Food stalls
• Parents – Daisy Club and Abbotsleigh Parents' Association.
As part of the wonderful GLOW event, guests also visited the Grace Cossington Smith Gallery to meet the Moment of Light artists: Lucy Barker, Ruth Burgess, David Collins, Viola Dominello, Virginia Hilyard, Andrew Leslie and Sherna Teperson.
You can view more images from GLOW 2017 in our Facebook photo album here.