A helping hand
Parents volunteering at a book covering session.
With your daughter this year either starting or continuing her education at Abbotsleigh, you may be curious about the ways in which you as a parent can be involved in the School community.
Abbotsleigh is blessed to have such an involved group of parents actively helping out when possible.
We understand that everyone has varying capacity to volunteer their time and not everyone will be able to assist. For those who can, any contribution, no matter how small, is greatly appreciated by the Abbotsleigh Parents’ Association, the staff and students of Abbotsleigh.
Throughout the School, some areas you may wish to consider volunteering for include:
• The Junior School Tuckshop (The Honey Pot) – typically for a morning session or a mid-morning to early afternoon session (finishing by 2pm)
• The Senior School Tuckshop (The Beehive) typically for a morning session or a mid-morning to early afternoon session (finishing by 2pm)
• At the School’s Grace Cossington Smith Art Gallery on the Senior School Campus – assistants and volunteers needed on Tuesday and Friday morning between 10am and midday to mind the gallery while Staff attend to other duties.
• Book Covering – helping to cover books in the Junior School library and for once-a-term working bees
• Class support – assisting the K-2 teachers with either reading or maths.
• Junior School Vegetable Garden – during the morning
For more information on volunteering and to register your availability, please contact Jacqui Everett, Community Development Officer.