Abbotsleigh Teacher Librarians' Conference 2015
The 2015 Abbotsleigh Teacher Librarians' Conference is for teacher librarians in all sectors with sessions for primary and secondary schools.Date:
Thursday 13 August 2015Time:
8.30 am-3.30 pmVenues:
The Peter Duly Concert Hall and The Betty Archdale Library
Abbotsleigh Senior School, 1666 Pacific Highway, WahroongaConference program: Download the conference program Where do I go? Download a Senior School campus map
The theme of this year’s Abbotsleigh Teacher Librarian Conference was Visible Libraries
, with an exploration of the relevance of a physical library in a digital age. In addition to our plenary speaker there was a panel discussion and concurrent workshops for K-6 and Year 7-12 teacher librarians. Teacher librarians had the opportunity to ‘play in the sandpit’, trying out a wide range of simple and effective ways to utilise technology with their students. Not to be missed
- Plenary session by Kate Sweetapple and Zoe Sadokierski (UTS), on Visible libraries featuring design-led projects
- The well-known author of Portraits of Celina, and publisher, Sue Whiting discussed From design to meaning
- Elise Edmonds, curator in the Research and Discovery Branch of the State Library of NSW, addressed Making digitally visible that which is physical
- Lyn Torres (Monash University) refocussed a research skills continuum
- Panel discussion: What is the relevance of a physical library in a digital age?
- Primary teacher librarians: Guided inquiry in primary schools, with Jenny Scheffers
- Secondary teacher librarians: Information seeking preferences of secondary school teachers, with Dr Julia Bale
- Video gaming in school libraries
- Bringing readers together through social media
- Office Mix to make PowerPoint interactive
- A new approach to All my own work
- AustLit for the Australian Curriculum
- The Dictionary of Sydney
Download some of the day's presentations
If you were unable to make the 2015 conference, or just want to review some of the great presentations from the day, we have included a few links below.
Watch the video
Relive the day or see a bit of what you missed. Watch the video here.
Find out more
Mrs Bronwyn Foxall, Head of the Betty Archdale Library
Phone: +61 2 9473 7774
Presentations from 2013
If you were unable to make the 2013 conference, or just want to review some of the great presentations from the day, we have included a few links below.